Sunday, 17 November 2013

Creative Saturdays

Hello, yesterday I made tie dye shirts with my neighbour and they ended up looking really nice! I was really happy about that, last time I tried tie dying it didn't end up as good. Tie dying is really fun and easy, also cheap, but most importantly creative and I think people should do creative stuff more often, it's so good for you in a way, it makes you feel better. At least for me:) So let's get started..
 .. things you will need: clothe colour (I think you can get it in any big shop, I got mine from Auchan), you need two different colours at least. The more colours you have, the better the shirt will look! And  you will need headbands, that is it! 
 1st step: Pour water in a bowl. We had three bowls, one had red colour in it, the other blue and the third one had purple because we mixed the colours together. (the water should we warm!)
 2nd step: Put your colours in! I suggest you to already prepare your phone for taking photos, because it looks so pretty.

 Its best to add salt in each bowl to make the colour kind of stronger and last longer on your shirt. 
 Then you take your white shirt and roll it like in the photo above (it has to look like a cinnamon bun), this is usually the most trickiest part, because it has to be perfect if you want the colours to end up looking perfect on your shirt
 This is how the shirts should look. This is where the hairbands come in handy, you put them around the shirt to make it stay in place. Then you should get thousands of newspapers if you don't want your parents to kill you about making a huge mess. 
We used spoons ( it's not really the right way to do it, but it still worked!) to put the colours on our shirt
 This is how they should look when you're done colouring them, except there should be no white left uncoloured, maybe only a little in the middle of the shirt if you want your shirt to have a white spiral (?)
 lastly, you can take plastic paper and put the shirt in there for 4 hours so the colours absorb in the shirt well enough. You may also use a plastic bag to put the shirt in, it's best to leave it in a warm place and not cold:)
this is the end result! After you've had the shirt in the plastic bag for 3 to 4 hours you can take it out and  wash it with water and leave it to dry overnight. 
To avoid your hands looking like this at the end, I suggest you to wear gloves haha

Good luck and have fun x 

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I have to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!!! I want to try too.. but i prefer tieing in the middle and then color it :D for a dual color effect :)
    Well done

    Get..Set..Blush!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I'll have to try it! Your blog is inspiring! Have a nice day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super!!)))Genialno!!Would you like to follow each other? Just let me know in my blog. xoxo
    http://www.elationofcreation.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, hearing from you guys always makes me smile :)